October 7, 2019 Newsletter
Here are the PTO Updates for the next few weeks....hope the first month has gone well! If any questions or you want to be removed from this e-blast, please email us at: email@example.com
- Next PTO Meeting: Tuesday, OCTOBER 15th at 7pm in HMS School Library (date change due to Jewish Holiday) Join us to hear about what is happening in our school community and upcoming events!
- 6th Grade HALLOWEEN DANCE: Friday, October 25th 5:30-7pm! The event of the year for our 6th Grade Class! Thanks to our parent Co-Chairs, Jill Weinberg and Michelle Baldino, and Mr. Matt Crater for making this event come together for us! Stay tuned for sign up and details!
- HMS Book Fair--November 11-15th! The HMS Book Fair is coming up and we are looking for many wonderful volunteers to staff the event! The Book Fair runs from 7:30-3:00 Monday thru Thursday, 7:30-10:30 Friday and 6:00-8:00 PM Wednesday. Set-up will be 10:00-1 on Friday 11/8 and break down will be 10:30-1:30 on Friday 11/15. It takes a village and we’re counting on the fabulous HMS parents to make this happen!! Please click on the sign-up genius link to sign up for a slot (or two!). Thank you!
PAST EVENTS and THANK YOU's:
- Back to School Night Thank You's and Updates: We think it was a successful night and hope you got a chance to meet teachers and get to know your way around! Thanks for stopping by the PTO Table and signing up--lots of new memberships and renewals! We are grateful! Spread the Word to your friends to join the PTO if they have not--it is our ONLY FUNDRAISING! Sign up Here: https://hms-pto.com/membership/
- SpiritWear Update: WOW! There were 209 sales with over 560 items ordered. Because of the volume of items, it will be more like 3-4 weeks, instead of the usual 2-3 weeks for delivery. C&M will contact customers directly when their items are in, for pick up. We hope you like your new gear! THANK YOU to our CHAIR, Megan Salvensen! Next Sale---late November right before the Holidays!
- Committee Chair Needs: We still need a few committee chairs or co-chairs! If interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th Grade Dance Chairs--Need Co-Chairs to organize this dance in early June 2020!
- SpiritWear Co-Chair: Help our current chair with the rest of the sales this year so you can be our CHAIR next year! Our current chair, Megan Salvensen, will be heading to the high school next year!
- 8th Grade Career Awareness Co-Chair: Help our current chair, Jeff Salvensen, with this year's event in Spring 2020 and be our Chair Next Year! He will be leaving us after this year!
- Haverford Recreation Department: Fall Programs are happening--Sign Up Here: https://www.haverfordtownship.org/department/index.php?structureid=12
We have leagues for boys in grades 2-12 and girls in grades 2-7. Our leagues will begin in mid-November and be completed in February/March. Visit www.HavertownHoops.com to find out more information about schedules, coaching, and registration.
One-day course includes babysitting basics, CPR/First aid information, job-seeking skills, and more.
Ages: 12-15, Date: Saturday, October 19, Time: 9am-2:30pm, Location: CREC
Participants will investigate a crime scene by looking at fingerprints, blood splatter, and more.
Grades: 6-12, Date: Tuesday, November 5 (Election Day), Time: 9am-4pm, Location: CREC